"E"

Thursday, August 10, 2006

It Is Official..........

It is Official... I Hate Terrorist. Ok I have worked at the airport for 2 1/2 years, and I have never had to take off my shoes ( I'm not required to take off my shoes because I am a badged employee), but not anymore. On top of that our company receives a phone call at 9:00pm from the Airport and states that we might have to remove all bottles from our shops before the morning, and they would be calling us back at 11:00pm after they talk to TSA. WTF Mate, you want me to remove over a thousand bottles of Pepsi and water in 5 hours? They responded no, we want you to remove a thousand bottles of Pepsi and water and all your lids to fountain drink cups and toothpaste, deodorant, cough syrup, chapstick, shampoo, colonge, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, and anything else that is a liquid or gel type of substance. And I repeat WTF Mate!!!!
So now I am going, okay I have 27 locations that have at least some of these products in these stores and I only have 5 people at Warehouse.

At 11:00pm the airport calls back and says okay you must remove all toothpaste, deodorant, cough syrup, shampoo, and chapstick by the morning. For now you do not have to remove your bottled drinks but there will be another meeting with TSA in the morning to see if that is going to change. As for the sauces, we can still sell them but they have to be mailed to the person's home, it cannot be taken on the airplane. To give you a better picture of how bad things where going to get, TSA was talking about get rid of condiments at fast food restaurants, WOW!

Best part was the Rubbermade tubs that were at the checkpoints, where people were having to throw liquids and gel type items into because they could not bring them in. I saw 5 ten gallon Rubbermade totes full of makeup, wine, chapstick, expensive colonge/ perfume, lotion, hand sanatizer, contact solution, deodorant, snowglobes ( I feel sorry for the kids), and anything else you can imagine. I tell you what some lucky TSA agent is going to get a lot of free wine, and get to take his wife some nice perfume.

So to sum it up I HATE TERRORIST, and do not bring liquids in your carry on items.

"E"

11 Comments:

  • Hey, E, I'm flying today, so thanks for the post. I thought I had gotten rid of the forbiddens out of my carry-on, but I still had deoderant and chapsticks. I'll remove those immediately. It's gonna really suck if I get stuck overnight without my luggage, though, since I can't smell nice, I can't wear my contacts (without any solution) and my teeth will be yucky without toothpaste. Oh well. I'll have room in my carry-on for more changes of clothes, I guess.

    By Blogger Jelaine, at 4:56 AM  

  • I agree Ethan. I know they are trying to keep us safe, but some jerks just have to screw things up for everyone else.

    Flying is definitely not going to be as fun now. Hang in there, buddy!
    H

    By Blogger H Noble, at 5:29 AM  

  • Why do you feel bad for the kids? They weren't the ones that had to dump out their wine!!! Perfectly good grape juice going to waste. I hate terrorists, too.

    By Blogger TreyJ, at 6:41 AM  

  • I said I feel bad for the kids because parents were having to get rid of Snow Globes. That's just plain dumb

    "E"

    By Blogger "E", at 11:17 AM  

  • DOOD! How bout you get your hands on some of that wine for us? At least you will be driving up here this time so you can bring some Texas wine up to us! Hint, hint...

    Kilroy was here!

    By Blogger ArmandII, at 3:23 PM  

  • Dude, that does suck. Did you get the stuff cleaned up?

    By Blogger Scott, at 9:19 PM  

  • I was wondering if some TSA people got to keep all of the good wine that was dumped - I guess it's only fair considering how much harder all of their jobs are getting. Hang in there E - maybe they'll share with you.

    By Blogger Viki, at 6:16 PM  

  • Can't you check bags with all that stuff? Ducking and running..lol

    By Blogger mrscoutmaster, at 6:17 AM  

  • No, then they shoot you down

    By Blogger Viki, at 8:01 AM  

  • It's not just the aircrew that takes banned items onto military aircraft...ask any Navy band!

    By Blogger TreyJ, at 6:31 AM  

  • You're a couple of weeks overdue as well, so you're going to get harassed...

    By Blogger Viki, at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home