"E"

Sunday, April 02, 2006

People Watching

Ok before I start this blog I did not realize how long it has been since I posted, I swore I wrote that blog last week. Oh well, moving on.

Well everyone knows I work at the airport, but some might not know what kinda of work I actually do. Well I do not do any work. I people watch! Now you can say well he is in loss prevention, he is suppose to watch people and make sure they do not steal. Well if your thinking that, you are totally wrong.

I people watch, I just sit in the terminal and watch people for the fun of it. On a good day you might see a 80 year woman with purple hair. On a really good day, well lets put it this way, it is good to be a bachelor and I LOVE HOT WEATHER!

Now the best part is after awhile you develop the art of figuring out where people have come from. For instance... If you see a woman wearing all black, that looks like she is headed to a funeral, she probably is, just kidding she is from the New York area. See business men from the west coast usually wear more vibrant ties and shirts than the business men from the east coast. But the best part about people watching the laughs you get to have. Like the other day there was lady that was wear leopard print dress, and instead of an orangish color it was bright red. Well I guess you would have to be there to understand how funny it was.

The other fun part about people watching, is actually call eaves dropping. Listening to people conversation, is hilarious at the airport. Now do not get me wrong I am not trying to pry into someone's conversation, but when you are yelling it over the phone, it becomes at open conversation to listen too.

Now the point, if you go anywhere just take a second to look around and I guarantee you will find something to laugh at.

OK now to clarify something I actually do work, at work, but I just tend to take a five minute break every now and then just to watch the crowd.

6 Comments:

  • Got to love hot weather. Sounds like breaks are a lot of fun. My breaks arent that fun, but like you I too people watch at work. Always have.

    By Blogger Scott, at 6:44 AM  

  • Getting paid to look at freaks in the airport. I guess the only place more interesting than an airport for freakshows might be a bus terminal!

    By Blogger TreyJ, at 10:16 AM  

  • Thank you for posting!!!

    Just to de-bunk one of your theories...I frequently wear all black when traveling, or at least all black with jeans, and I'm not from New York. :-)

    By Blogger Viki, at 5:05 PM  

  • Well looks like mrsj is the exception that proves the rules.
    E just like the last scene in "Love Actually "

    By Blogger Tom, at 5:09 PM  

  • I was going to comment on something, but by the time I got to the end of the other comments I forgot what I wanted to say. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I am alive in Omaha. Jelaine is here with me and we are at the Library right now.

    Kilroy was here!

    By Blogger ArmandII, at 11:30 AM  

  • I remembere!! Everyone should encourage "E" to move his people watching to the Omaha International Airport. Ahhh, think of the times we would have!

    Kilroy was here!

    By Blogger ArmandII, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home